This Kale Caesar Salad is one of my favorite go to recipes. I make it at least once a week because I crave it all the time! The ingredients are completely clean and guilt free! Not only is it super healthy, but it fills me up and tastes sooooo good!
I love kale because it is so nutritionally dense. It's filled with fiber, antioxidants, iron, calcium and more! The pumpkin seeds add a bit of a "cheesy" flavor in the dressing, which makes this a great dairy free alternative! The garbanzo beans almost act as a healthy crouton alternative.
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Bunch of Kale
- 1 Tb Pumpkin seeds
- Garlic Salt to taste
- 1 Avocado
- 1/3 Cup Lemon or 2 Small Lemons Squeezed
- 1 Tb Garlic
- 2 Tb Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 Cup Water
- Rinse the garbanzo beans and lightly sprinkle with garlic salt. I have been obsessed with my air fryer lightly, so I cooked my garbanzo beans in there for 15-20 minutes, shaking occasionally. You can also cook them in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 min or until crispy.
- While the garbanzo beans are cooking, wash and dry the kale. Rip the leaves off of them stem, and continue ripping into small pieces.
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor (or a blender of choice), and mix until it is completely smooth. I put my dressing in a jar so I can save any left over for the next day.
- Put the ripped kale in a big mixing bowl and lightly massage in a few tablespoons of dressing. Mix in the garbanzo beans, and pumpkin seeds.
- Transfer the salad into serving bowls, and drizzle a little extra dressing on top of each salad.
**Makes 2-3 Servings