Coconut Whipped Cream
It has been so hot the last few weeks all I have been wanting to eat is fruit, fruit, and more fruit. This week I wanted to share one of my favorite ways to make snacking on fruit more fun, which is dipping my fruit in whipped cream! This vegan coconut whipped cream is 100% guilt-free and 1000% delicious!
At last there have been a few companies that are finally starting to come out with dairy-free products and Reddi-Whip has even added a Vegan coconut and almond whipped cream! However, these dairy free products are not going to be on our local grocery stores shelves for quite awhile. Even when they do hit the shelves it is still a healthier option to make it yourself. So while you wait for the convenience I’m going to share with you my super easy, clean eating, and cheap recipe for coconut whipped cream!
Ready to dip with any fruit of your choosing (I did raspberries because I’m slightly allergic to strawberries), this recipe is so simple yet yummy enough to be a party favorite. The best part of this recipe is that it’s basically just one ingredient with endless options to change up the flavor. When you are done making it, be sure to take a picture and post in my comments about what you dipped with and how it tasted!
● A full can of coconut cream (easily found at Trader Joes) or a can of full fat coconut milk.
● Options for sweetener:
-A few drops of liquid vanilla stevia (this is the one I use)
Or if you love sugar then you can use 3⁄4 cup of organic powdered sugar
● Options to change the flavor:
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-Cinnamon to taste
● A fruit of your choosing to dip
1. For the best results I recommend chilling your can of coconut cream for at least 8 hours in the fridge (most easily done overnight, and then you can serve your whipped cream with pancakes!)
2. Before you make your whipped cream put your mixing bowl in the fridge so it can chill for about 10 minutes.
3. After the 10 minutes have passed remove your coconut cream and mixing bowl from the fridge!
4. Open your can of coconut cream/milk. You will notice the coconut has separated from the liquid. Scoop only the hardened cream into the chilled bowl.
5. Using a mixer, beat until smooth. (about 1 minute)
6. Now you can add in any of the options like stevia or vanilla and whip for another 30 seconds.
7. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator. If storing left overs, the coconut will harden again and you will have to quickly blend again before serving.