Bananas are a vegan superfood. I’m not kidding, if you ever stumble upon a recipe that you think can’t be turned vegan, bananas are always the secret. So when my friend told me she wanted to make vegan cinnamon rolls, I should have assumed that the secret was bananas.
It’s a good thing bananas are so good for you, because I eat quite a few! They’re in a lot of recipes for their consistency, but they also provide a lot of good nutrients, and they’re delicious too! I also love putting cinnamon on this recipe, so these cinnamon rolls are one of my favorite treats.
4 slightly-ripe bananas (with brown spots)
1 cup medjool dates
½ cup water
- Slice the bananas into 3 vertical pieces and preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Lay the strips onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for one hour.
- While the bananas are cooking blend the dates, water, and cinnamon into a paste.
- Once the bananas are done, take them out for 15 minutes to cool, then flip them over using a spatula. Coat one side of the banana in the paste.
- Roll into a cinnamon roll shape. To make bigger cinnamon rolls you can roll 2 slices into each other.
- Place the cinnamon rolls back in the oven for 1.5 hours.
- Let them cool, sprinkle with cinnamon, and enjoy!
Let me know what you think of them and how they turned out in the comments below, or tag me in your instagram story so I can see them!