Pumpkin season is upon us! This Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie recipe is filled with clean ingredients, healthy fats, and lots of love! I crafted this recipe to give you the delicious taste of pumpkin pie without chemicals, dairy, and unhealthy fillers. It tastes so bomb that my dad doesn’t even suspect how healthy it is. 😉
Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
2 Cups Pecans
2 Cups Dates (Pitted)
1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut (Unsweetened)
1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Spice
Dash of Sea salt
1 ½ Cans (15 oz) Pumpkin Puree
1 Cup Coconut sugar (I like my pies super sweet, so if you like it lightly sweet then cut the coconut sugar in half)
4 tbsp. Maple Syrup (Not Raw, to keep this pie raw use 4 dates instead)
1 ½ Cups Cashews (Soaked for 3 hours)
1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. Cinnamon
Dash of Sea Salt
2 Cans of Full Fat Coconut (refrigerated overnight)
Sweetener of choice: I used 1/2 cup of baking stevia. Coconut sugar or agave would work great.
3-4 drops of Vanilla Extract
Dash of Cinnamon
1. Start with the filling by blending soaked/drained cashews in the food processor for about 30 seconds.
2. Add the rest of the filling ingredients to the food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Stopping as needed to scrape the sides.
3. Pour the filling into a bowl and place in the fridge while you start working on the crust.
4. For the crust, start by blending the pecans for about 1 minute, scraping the sides as needed.
5. Add the rest of the crust ingredients and blend, scraping the sides often. The texture should be sticky and slightly chunky.
6. Spread the crust out over a non-stick 8 inch pie pan. Take your time with this and gently press it out and knead up the sides.
7. Pour your pumpkin pie filling into the pie pan and smooth it out with the back of your spoon.
8. Refrigerate your Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie for a few hours or overnight for the best results. The longer it refrigerates the better it will set. I couldn’t wait that long to eat mine so I refrigerated for 2 hours then stuck it in the freezer for about an hour.
Vegan Whipped Cream
1. Refrigerate your canned coconut milk overnight. This will allow the coconut fat to separate from the liquid. Drain the liquid (you can save it to use later or toss it), and scrape the coconut fat into a bowl.
2. Add your sweetener, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
3. Use an electric beater for 2-3 minutes to whip your coconut into whipped cream! Once all of the chunks are smoothed out, taste test your whipped cream and add sweetener if your taste buds desire. Place the bowl of whipped coconut cream in the fridge until you’re ready to use.