I go through phases where I eat the same thing every single day. Sometimes these phases last a week, sometimes months! Lately I have been loving this Raspberry Banana Smoothie! I always make it with the same base, and sometimes change up the optional "add ins". If I'm feeling wild I will turn it into a smoothie bowl and add some toppings!
I also get super cold when I drink smoothies (I am the person that is always freezing). So I love drinking my smoothie out in the sunshine everyday. Starting my day with sunshine and a smoothie sets me up to have an awesome day! And because I'm the person that likes to have reasons behind everything I do, here are my reasons why this little sunshine/smoothie combo is the best:
- Sunlight is thought to increase the brain’s release of serotonin, which is associated with boosting your mood and helping a person feel calm and focused.
- Bananas and spinach are both a power house of nutrients. They also are known to give you a good dose of mood-lifting serotonin.
- Raspberries are filled with antioxidants and nutrients that are known to help everything from your eyesight to your memory!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup of raspberries
- A few handfuls of fresh spinach
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Stevia to taste
- Dash of cinnamon
- Optional Add-ins: Super greens, plant based protein powder, rolled oats
Simply blend it all together and enjoy in the sunshine! I always have frozen chopped bananas on hand. The best time to freeze them is when they have brown spots, which is when they will be the sweetest for smoothies!